What is SEO?
- SEO stands for search engine optimization. SEO is all about making your data the best for search engines to read and capture.
- SEO is about engagement: # of Reviews, Relevant Content, and Clicks are important.
- Time is also important when thinking of SEO, the amount of unique IP address that spend time on your page helps drive engagement. When thinking of SEO remember ENGAGEMENT & RELEVANCE helps.
Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn + SEO
- SocialSurvey will automatically post your great reviews on Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn this is organic content that future drive your SEO, relevance, and engagement. The more content allows for more time spent on your page which adds relevance to your site.
SocialSurvey API & Your SEO
- SocialSurvey’s public pages are developed to easily have readable content for Google. Our system detects Googles crawlers to provide them with unique content about your page which helps drive your SEO.
- Using our API is the first step to building more SEO content. However, using it correctly is important.
- Displaying all Reviews on your personal site. Let’s think of a customer who considers ‘Trustworthiness’ while searching for a loan office. They come to your website and the only visible reviews are the 3 most recent and none of them mention ‘Trust’ but the 10th review does; this is potential a customer that will move on because the content is relevant to them.
- Linking: With our API every time we automatically post a review to your Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn accounts we will link this review to your company website instead of your SocialSurvey page. This drives more traffic to your site as well as increase your SEO rankings.
If you would like to Use our API, please contact your Admin.
Our documentation can be viewed via this link: https://www.socialsurvey.com/api-portal/
Five ways to Improve your SEO
- Publish Relevant Content
- SocialSurvey supports this effort by posting completed reviews from your customers on your page as well as sharing those reviews on Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn.
- Quality content is the number 1 driver of SEO rankings and there is no substitute for great content.
- Think about how a customer searches for information, phases like (“home loans”, “loan office”, “mortgage company near me”). Then, repeat those phrases several times on your page
- Update your content regularly
- You’ve probably noticed that we feel pretty strongly about content. Search engines do, too. Regularly updated content is viewed as one of the best indicators of a site’s relevancy, so be sure to keep it fresh.
- You CAN keep it FRESH buy updating your Title, about me text, video, images for your websites / SocialSurvey Page.
When designing your website, each page contains a space between the <head> tags to insert metadata, or information about the contents of your page. If you have a SocialSurvey public page, we have already pre-populated this data for you:
- Title Metadata
Title metadata is responsible for the page titles displayed at the top of a browser window. It is the most important metadata on your page. If you have a SocialSurvey public page, we have developed an automated system for creating the meta title for each webpage.
- Description Metadata
Description metadata is the textual description that a browser will use in your page search return. Think of it as your site’s window display—a concise and appealing description of what is contained within, with the goal of encouraging people to enter.
- Keyword Metadata
Keyword metadata are the search phrases that people type when they want to find your page. You’ll want to include a variety of phrases. However, don’t get greedy: if your list becomes excessive, the browser may completely ignore the data. As a general rule, try to keep it to about 6-8 phrases with each phrase consisting of 1-4 words. A great example would be "loan officer."
4. Have a link-worthy site
- Focus on creating relevant links within the text. Instead of having “click here” links, try writing out the name of the destination. “Click here” has no search engine value beyond the attached URL, whereas “Connect with ‘Your Name’ ” is rich with keywords and will improve your search engine rankings as well as the ranking of the page you are linking to.
5. Use alt tags
- Always describe your visual and video media using alt tags, or alternative text descriptions. They allow search engines to locate your page, which is crucial—especially for those who use text-only browsers.